Thursday, April 2, 2009

Song Analysis #2

The Chase by Trish Thuy Trang and Cardin Nguyen
This song is between two young teenagers. It starts with a guy "talking" to a girl.
The first verse of this song is "Why you gotta play it cool like that? I saw you there just looking at me. Yeah I'm talkin to you. You put up a front but I see through you." This part of the song a guy is singing. This means that the why does she have to play it "cool" meaning "playing" it off like nothing is happening. The guy just happens to see that the girl is looking at the guy. He knows that the girl is looking at, she may think that he can't see her but she can't hide from him. It is too late to hide from him. The second verse of this song is "You must be crazy for thinking like that. Caught you so many times for staring at me. Yeah I'm talking to you. Why you gotta act like I'm a fool?" He thinks that she must be crazy for thinking the way that she does. He has caught her so many times that she has looked at him. Yes, he is talking to her. She is playing it off as though she doesn't hear what he is saying. He is asking as of why she has to act as though he is dumb, a fool. The third verse is "Round in circle so many games. Sooner of later I'll have my way." The two,the girl and the guy is playing it off as though nothing is occurring. The guy likes the girl and sooner or later the guy will get what he wants and what he wants is the girl. The chorus is "Cut to the chase as I show it over and over. You wanna get closer to me. Andyou know it. So why don't you just make your move. I got all of my love just waiting for you." This means that they should stop playing games and just cut to the chase. The guy knows that the girl likes him and the girl knows that the guy likes her but they both won't admit it to eachother. In a way the guy is being arrogant. He "knows" that the girl likes him but she won't admitit to him. He thinks that she should just tell him that she likes him. The guy has all the love thathe wants to offer to the girl. The third verse is sung by the girl. "All your boys have been telling me. You went and told them that you wanted me. Baby that's a fact. So tell me what are you gonna do about that." She is saying that all of his guy friends has as well told her that he likes her. She heard from his guy friends that he likes her. Yes, that is a fact. So what does he have to say now that sheknows that he likes her. The fifth verse is "Even your friends have been telling me. You went around and asked for me.Now that I'm right here. Say what you need. Baby I'm all ears." This means that she has been hearing from the guy's guy friends that the guy likes her. The guy has been going around and asked about the girl, asking what they think of the girl. Now that the girl is in front of him, he should say what he wants to say. She is listening to what he has to say. The sixth stanza is "So tell me what are you running for? Give me a sign and then I'll be yours." So the guy should tell the girl that he likes her. Both of them should come to their senses and get together. This relates to my genre because this is about two teenagers in love. They are both lookingfor love. My genre is Vietnamese-American Teenage Love. This song is in English but sung by two Vietnamese American singers. Their names are Trish Thuy Trang and Cardin Nguyen. They are both in their twenties and are two of the most popular young aged singers in the Vietnamese music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment